Who We Are
Creative Schools + Creative Colleges is a subscription service that supports education establishments directly in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Barking & Dagenham, Hackney, Redbridge and Waltham Forest
‘The biggest bringing together of arts, culture, and schools in East London’
The programme also supports the national conversation on creativity in education, infrastructure and partnership development within east London and beyond through large scale collaboration projects and provides teacher CPD and networking events .
Through our Programme…
- Schools and Colleges can address their improvement needs through creative and cultural projects
- More schools across East London work in partnership with cultural organisations
- East London cultural orgs feel better equipped to work with schools
- Creative Schools programme will help shape a national programme
- More children in East London are accessing a high quality cultural education
MEET TARGETS THROUGH THE ARTS
- MEET your school improvement targets through a creative approach or special project
- MATCH you to our ARTS and CULTURAL PARTNERS to deliver PROJECTS that meet your specific needs
- IMPROVE your OFSTED rating, through needs-based arts projects that support self directed learning skills and preparedness for next steps.
DELIVER LIFE-AFFIRMING PROJECTS IN YOUR SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY AT A LOWER COST
- GET seed funding to commission an arts partnership with one of our partners. Schools can pool their funding together with other schools in a cluster to deliver larger-scale projects
- CHOOSE from a menu of arts projects proposed by our partner organisations that deliver against your needs, targets, and budget
- PLAN projects with arts or cultural partners including advice with costings, timescales, and safeguarding without a million emails!
- CLUSTER– work together with other schools in a cluster so that you can share your resources and co-commission an artist/artistic company to work with you
- DELIVER exciting, ambitious, and innovative projects that have a lasting impact on your pupils and wider community
- INSPIRE creative confidence in your pupils. Creative projects also support pupils academically by helping them make connections between ideas, challenge and participate effectively and this is also well-recognised by OFSTED and education leaders
- ASSESS and EVALUATE the impact of your arts practice and/or project
NETWORK, PARTNER, AND UPSKILL IN THE ARTS
- NETWORK with arts, culture and education practitioners across 6 boroughs through our termly CPD events and annual Symposium
- ACCESS the best that East London creative arts has to offer, in your borough or beyond it
- GAIN CREATIVE CONFIDENCE through CPD and the commissioning and consultation process
- ATTEND TERMLY PARTNERSHIP EVENTS: share project ideas, challenges, and best practice with other schools and cultural providers.
DEVELOP YOUR CREATIVE LEGACY AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR PUPILS
- SUPPORT on your school’s ARTSMARK journey
- REGENERATE the arts in your secondary school where a focus on Ebacc core subjects has reduced the resources directly allocated to the arts within your curriculum
- ENGAGE parents and carers around an exciting project
- ENHANCE your school’s knowledge of and access to East London’s cultural opportunities
- BE CHAMPIONS for best practice locally.
- DEVELOP UNDERSTANDING of the value of arts in your school’s curriculum and the tools to connect with arts organisations in the future.
- CEBELBRATE your achievements in the arts across our network
- SEED AN INTEREST IN THE ARTS as a FUTURE CAREER – taking part in ambitious creative schools projects ensures your pupils are aware of/signposted to opportunities in the arts (1 in 6 jobs in London is now in the arts, and it is one of the biggest growth sectors in the UK economy).
Top School Priorities that have been met by Creative Schools Projects in the past:
- Closing the attainment gap between pupil premium students and others
- Improving speaking, listening and writing skills
- Developing practical arts CPD for teachers and staff
- Developing the resilience and wellbeing of students
- Enrich and develop children’s and young people’s imagination and experience, specifically targeting pupils from a disadvantaged background
- Communicate your school’s story and ethos to students and parents
The Creative Schools + Creative Colleges needs assessment is designed to align with the new Artsmark framework and supports schools fulfil Artsmark goals.
To become a Creative Schools member:
- You must be a state school or college based in Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge Tower Hamlets, or Waltham Forest
- We work across Primary and Secondary from KS1 to KS5
- Sixth Forms, SEN Schools and Pupil Referral Units are all welcome to get in touch and become members
We encourage joining us as an affiliate:
In addition we have an affiliates programme that invites participation from all areas of the UK and that promotes exchange and insight for education and cultural and creative sector professionals. We are committed to joint problem solving and collaboration and keen to exchange insights and learning with all.
Express interest HERE