Join leaders from across east London’s dynamic cultural and education sectors to celebrate and champion creativity in schools at the 2017 Creative Schools Symposium.
Get inspired with a day of professional development, Artsmark support, practice sharing, top tips, debate and discussion with leaders and experts representing the diversity of cultural education practice in east London.
This event is an opportunity to meet teachers and senior leaders from schools taking part in the Creative Schools Artsmark programme during the 2017-18 academic year along with 50+ east London cultural education partners from the Creative Schools network, including:
A New Direction, Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields, Arcola, Barbican, Barking & Dagenham Cultural Education Partnership, Bow Arts, Community Music, Chingford Academies Trust, Dance Umbrella, Discover Children’s Story Centre, Drum Works, East London Dance, Fourth Monkey, Fran Gkotsi, Green Candle Dance, Green Shoes Arts, Guildhall School of Music & Drama, Iniva, Islington Cultural Education Partnership, London Legacy Development Corporation, Lullaby for the World, Magic Me, Mimbre, Museum of London, Newham Music, Now Press Play, Output Arts, people make it work, Poet in the City, Redbridge Drama Centre, Salmagundi Films, Scarabeus, Serious, Sound Castle, Sound Connections, Sounds Creative Projects, SoundSPARK, Stratford Circus Arts Centre, Studio Wayne McGregor, Tea Dance for Little People, UCL Culture, Urban Development, Vestry House Museum, The Yard, Waltham Forest Music Service, William Morris Gallery.
The day will include practical workshops, partnership opportunities and networking with culture, education and funding experts. Lunch and refreshments will be included throughout.
This year’s programme will give you the opportunity to:
- Take part in practical workshops with Urban Development, Now Press Play, Elmhurst Primary School, and University of East London
- Explore topics alongside colleagues including Artsmark, youth leadership, school funding, creative sector careers, and building successful local partnerships
- Discover exciting new opportunities within the emerging cultural and education District partners on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, as well as from the East London Cultural Education Alliance, and A New Direction
- Share practice, spark new ideas, and get inspired as we exchange ‘true stories from the classroom’ with colleagues from across the Creative Schools network and east London
- Enjoy networking, drinks and match-making opportunities to close the day!
Tickets fort he Symposium can be booked at stratford-circus.com.
Read all about the 2016 Creative Schools Symposium, which brought together leaders from 85 east London culture and education organisations.
The Symposium was absolutely amazing and me and my colleagues were blown away. We had such good fun and it really ignited the spark for us and reminded me why I was so keen to be part of Creative Schools.
– Teacher on Creative Schools Symposium 2016
I enjoyed conversations around how arts and culture can feed into wider school initiatives such as health, school improvement, and development plans
– Cultural leader on Creative Schools Symposium 2016
Creative Schools Artsmark connects east London schools with incredible local arts opportunities that support their school on the journey to achieving Artsmark. You can get in touch with us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.